How to Apply
Read and familiarise yourself with the eligibility criteria, number of seats, test centres,
reservation policy and other relevant information related to admissions to the M.Des.,
B.Des. and GDPD programmes. All of this information can be found in this Admissions
Handbook. Information related to the GDPD programme at NID Vijayawada and NID
Kurukshetra is provided in their respective brochure, also available on the website.
The Design Aptitude Tests – DAT Prelims and DAT Mains are common to all applicants for both B.Des. (at NID Ahmedabad) and GDPD (at NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra). Step 1: Sign up/Registration 1. All the candidates are required to register/sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at http://admissions.nid.edu
2. Please provide a valid email address and an active mobile number while registering, since these contacts will be used for all future communication with the applicant.
3. After registration, an email will be sent to the registered email address (do remember to check your spam or junk folders in case you do not find the email in your inbox). In case of wrong email address and/or mobile number has been provided during sign up, you are required to register afresh with the correct details.
4. Do not delete the email sent to you, as this will be useful for future reference.
5. Log in to your account using the email id and date of birth provided during registration.
Step 2: Fill the Online Application Form 1. Log in and proceed to Step 2–Application Form.
2. Fill in all the required details.
For candidates applying in B.Des. and GDPD, the choice of preference of programme or campus does not guarantee a seat. Allotment of campus is purely as per merit. Supernumerary seats under Overseas category are available only in M.Des. and B.Des.
3. Click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
4. After filling all details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the ‘Upload Document’ section. Step 3:Uploading your Documents & signature 1. Upload a scanned photograph as per the instructions. All photographs must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self-composed portraits will not be accepted.
2. Upload your scanned signature as per the instructions. All signature files must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. You should have your signature digitally photographed or scanned and cropped to the required size.
3. Candidates applying under the SC and ST categories are required to upload their Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
4. Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability (PwD) category are required to upload their Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority as per the guidelines of the Government of India. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
5. Candidates applying under the Overseas category are required to upload the first and last page of their passport, clearly showing all of their personal information. The document must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
6. List of documents to be uploaded by candidates of various categories at the time of applying online are as under:
8. Once you are done uploading all necessary documents, click ‘Save and Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
9. Click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the Payment section. Step 4: Pay Application Fee & Print: 1. Category-wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2017-18 are as under:
For applications received after 28 November 2016, the application fees (including late fees) applicable will be double the amount indicated above. 2. The above fees are applicable to both M.Des and B.Des./GDPD applicants, belonging to either of the three genders. NOTE: As per latest order of Supreme Court of India, third gender includes only trans-genders, eunuchs and hijras. Lesbians, gays and bisexuals need to select either Male or Female option as appropriate.
3. Application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
4. The Application fees paid online (by debit/credit card) DOES NOT INCLUDE any bank/ transaction charges, and the same, as applicable, will be borne by the applicant.
5. Select method of payment—either credit/debit card to pay online or demand draft to pay offline, and submit the required details.
6. You will be asked to verify your details, after which you can proceed to make the payment.
Please take a moment to review your information as modifying or editing your application form is NOT possible after this stage.
7. After paying online, you will be redirected to the ‘Print’ section where you can save your form as a PDF file and print it. You are NOT required to send the print-out of your application form if you are paying online via debit/credit card.
8. If paying via demand draft, it should be in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi. You will be asked to fill in the details of the Demand Draft online to complete the submission process. This should be done before 1400 hrs. on Monday, 28 November 2016.
9. To complete the application process, you must send the demand draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope to the following address, so as to reach before 02 December, 2016. Please note that candidates who have made online payment via debit/ credit card are NOT required to send the print-out of your application form. Address for sending Demand Draft and printed copy of Application Form (only in case if application fees is paid via demand draft): The Project Manager–CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003
The National Institute of Design has authorised the All India Management Association, New Delhi, to process all its applications for the M.Des., B.Des. and GDPD programmes.